Wednesday 30 July 2014

Thinking about design

Thinking about design is something I do a lot. Not only because I find it fascinating, but because I'm doing a degree in it. So far I have designed my own T-Shirt, an invention to stop milk bottles from leaking in the fridge, a game board relating to my own life and most recently thinking about design issues with the way we travel. Doing the degree has opened up my eyes to the world around me. If I sit on a chair that isn't quite right, instead of moaning about it (like a fair few people would) I think 'What could potentially fix this problem?'

This unique way of thinking (that hopefully will develop over the years) is the reason why we have all the luxuries you see around you. Just one person every now and again will think of something incredible, and then *poof* we can all benefit from that. All it takes is one great idea, just every now and then. Personally, I think the best design ideas are the ones which make the world better. (No, not the iPad). More like sustainable cars, more efficient recycling methods, filtering systems for polluted rivers... design thinking like this, in my eyes - will make the world a much better place. 

No comments:

Post a Comment